Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cloverfield

I went and saw Cloverfield last night.

It was an o.k movie. Little story line, visually appealing graphics. There were warnings about motion sickness, which I laughed at, until I had to close my eyes for 30 seconds during the movie to keep from barfing.

Basically it's another American Godzilla movie with a new twist.

What I did not know, or follow, was all the build up and fake sites that lead up to the movie.

I've found the 3 main ones from just googling certain words that kept popping up from a youtube video teaser.



This led me to find Tagruato. A drilling company, and producer of SLUSHO!


And finally the evil terrorists trying to bring it all down.

T.I.D.O Wave

I think I fully understand where the horrible monster came from, but I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

I always think this stuff is kind of lame, and then I find myself sifting through all the clues and having a bit of fun.

1 comment:

Luke in Progress said...

I loved it.
I loved all the back story via random web sites.
There is probably so much you havn't seen.
Did you know about the comic book that Tagruato published? About a young fisher, and his big find?
Did you read about the end video on the feris wheel and to watch the ocean? Did you check out Rob(main dude's) myspace page and the talks him and Hud(camera man) have leading up to his suprise party?
Man, did you find the website made by Rob's EX girlfriend where she records webcam video messages and sends them to him, then one when she breaks UP with him?
Man oh man, alllll so tastey.
I'm kinda shaking just typing.
Mmm, marketing.
mmmmmmm