Thursday, October 30, 2008

John K

Recently a friend of mine introduced me to John K's Blog. John K (or John Kricfalusi) is a Canadian born animator best known for his work on Ren and Stimpy. I am heavily addicted to his site and my goal is to read a months worth of posts everyday. He averages about 22 posts a month, dating back to February 2006. Some of the posts are just a series of charicatures and others are rants about what is wrong with animation today and how good it used to be. I haven't even gotten into 2007 yet, and I've already learned a lot about basic fundamentals and what makes a strong cartoon. I've probably learned more from this blog than I have from the animation courses I took in College.




Here's a Yogi Bear short that John K animated for the adult swim.

No comments: