Thursday, April 5, 2007

Disturbia Bisburbia

Even Stevens

Last night I went and saw Disturbia with my pops, we had free passes (shhhhh), the movie's coming out for reals next Friday.

The preview for this movie was pretty scary, I remember thinking "This movie looks scary". It's a new swing on Monsieur Hitchcock's ~Rear Window~, which I've never seen but know the story. Guy gets held up in his house for one reason or another becomes a weird hermit/stalker and thinks that his neighbour is killing people.

Now filled with a cast of youngsters with raging hormones, Disturbia's boy next door (the little jerk brother from Even Stevens) falls for the girl next door and pretty much stares at her pooper through binoculars while she does the breast stroke in her pool. This movie was as much of a romance comedy as it was a horror.

The movie was aimed towards teens or "tweens", and it showed with the usage of all the popular technology (ipods, cell phones, DV camcorders). I imagine Disturbia as a perfect teenage date movie; when the killer pops out and the girlfriend screams and jumps into the boyfriend's lap to discover his hard rod. There were even some screen talkers in the theater, and some screen talker talk backers which was mildly enjoyable (hehehe SHUTUP!) .

The worst part of the whole movie was when a scary part happened and the girl in front of me jolted back and slammed her chair into my knee.

I don't think I'm gonna give this movie a rating or anything, I follow ratings to closely, and I have probably missed out on a ton of great films.

So do whatever the fuck you want.